How the adoption process works
Adoption Application Form (pdf) – click to view, or right-click and ‘Save as’ to download
1. Visit our shelter and select the right cat(s) for you and your household
2. Complete an Adoption Application. We will need to know if you have any other pets, if you have small children and if you own your own home or rent. We ask for this information so we can ensure that our cats are placed in the right “forever home”
3. Once your application is completed, there is a 24 to 48 hour waiting period while our Adoption Co-ordinator processes your application. This can include contacting your landlord, your previous veterinarian and your references.
While your application is being processed your selected cat will be put “on hold” for you.
4. If your application is approved, you will be contacted by our office and arrangements will be made for you to come in and pick up your new pet. An appointment will be arranged for you to meet with the veterinarian for a complete health check of your cat.
5. Once your cat has received a clean bill of health you simply pay the adoption fee, and you and your new pet can start your life together.
Call us or email us if you’d like to know more.